- This event has passed.
FHA@50: Renewing our Commitment to Housing Equity
April 20, 2018 @ 9:30 am
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the passage of the Fair Housing Act, the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law (UDC Law) Faculty and the UDC Law Review will host a symposium titled, co-convened with the Washington Lawyers’ Committee and the Equal Rights Center.
- the Fair Housing Act’s origins and progress;
- the future of the Fair Housing Act;
- the intersections between fair housing and education policy, criminal justice reform, community economic development and gender justice;
- the historical, legal and cultural implications of gentrification for the residents of the District of Columbia; and
- the efforts to keep housing in the District of Columbia equitably distributed.