The last time we heard from Sidwell Friends about the school’s plans to move its lower school from Bethesda to its DC campus, it was news of a change in plans. Sidwell last year said it would delay the consolidation while it revised renovation details.
Kate Lindsey, Sidwell’s Assistant Head of School and Chief Financial Officer, will be giving an update on the expansion plans at the next meeting of ANC 3F: Tuesday, April 17th at 7:30 p.m.
Also on the agenda: Delores Bushong from the DC Street Light Task Force will give a presentation on LED street lights. As DDOT finalizes its street light replacement and modernization plans, the group is among those urging the District to install only lower-intensity 2700 kelvin LED bulbs.
And the ABRA settlement agreement for R Squared involves an internet wine merchant that is applying to use the Domaine space at 4221 Connecticut. Domaine, as you may recall, is a self-storage facility for wine and spirits, located in a former Rolls Royce dealership.
Here’s the meeting notice:
ANC 3F will hold its next public meeting on April 17, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. at the University of the District of Columbia, Building 44, Room A03 (map).
The meeting agenda is below. You can also watch online, live or anytime, via our livestream link.
April 17, 2018, 7:30 pm
University of the District of Columbia (Bldg 44, Rm A03)
- Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Regular Agenda (5 min)
- Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
- Committee Reports (10 min)
- Community Open Forum (20 min)
- Presentation from Department of Motor Vehicles (10 min)
- 2018 Grant Discussion and Consideration (10 min)
- Sidwell Friends School Expansion Update (10 min)
- Resolution on Noise Ordinance Related to Gas-Powered Blowers (10 min)
- R Squared (4221 Connecticut) ABRA Settlement Agreement (10 min)
- Presentation and Discussion on LED Streetlights (15 min)
- March Minutes Adoption (5 min)
- Other Business (10 min)