Soapstone Valley’s closest neighbors, some of them overlooking to the park, are keenly interested in the schedule for the sewer rehabilitation project. They want to know: When they can expect the road-building work and other staging to be complete? When will the sewer pipe relining process begin? And when and how will it affect them? DC Water did not have answers in early March, but told ANC 3F commissioners that it expected to have more information in time for their April meeting.
That meeting is on Tuesday, April 19th at 7 p.m. on Zoom. And DC Water is on the agenda below.
Also appearing at the meeting: Christopher Geldart, who has served as the Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice since Mayor Bowser appointed him to the post in January 2021.
Plus: Italian Bar, a new venture from the I’m Eddie Cano folks, is seeking the ANC’s support for a sidewalk café.
And, there’s a new restaurant planned for the former Tesoro Trattoria space at the Van Ness Days Inn. Flavor Garden is applying for a liquor license, and is going before the ANC as part of that process.
ANC 3F – Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, April 19, 2022; 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Meeting ID: 821 1441 4095
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82114414095#,,,,*086642# US (Washington DC)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 821 1441 4095
Welcome / Call to Order/ Roll Call
Approval of the April 19, 2022 Meeting Agenda (includes Consent Items listed below).
I. Consent Items:
1. Approval of the March 15, 2022 Meeting Minutes
2. Quarterly Report
II. Regular Agenda
3. Commissioner Updates and Announcements
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Committee Updates
a) Streets & Sidewalks
b) Parks & Watersheds
c) Schools & Universities
d) Housing & Neighborhoods
6. Community Updates
III. Regular Agenda – Information Items
7. Christopher Geldart, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice (This is a discussion on the Mayor’s Budget as it pertains to the function of the Office of Public Safety and Justice.)
8. DC Water Update on Soapstone Valley Park Creek Bed Sewer Repair and Rehabilitation Project
9. Resolution supporting increased funding to the University of the District of Columbia
IV. Regular Agenda – Action Items
10. Levine School of Music Permit (This is a special exception to allow outdoor concerts (not amplified), extended school hours on Saturday until 7:00pm (rather than 4:00pm) to accommodate an increased demand of students.)
11. Flavor Garden Restaurant & Bar – 4400 Connecticut Ave, NW- Alcohol Beverage Permit
12. The Italian Bar – 5008 Connecticut Ave, NW – Public Space Permit for New Sidewalk Cafe Un-Enclosed