At ANC 3F’s May meeting, commissioners called on Metro to provide more information on proposed L2 and L2 bus route changes, and to provide more opportunities for community input. At the June meeting, representatives from Metro will discuss the bus lines as well as the Kiss & Ride behind 4250 Connecticut.
The June 19th agenda (below) also includes a special announcement about the vacancy on ANC 3F. 3F04 commissioner Deirdre Brown resigned in mid-May, too late to call a special election. Rather than leave the seat unfilled until January, when the commissioners elected in November take office, ANC 3F plans to appoint someone who will serve as a non-voting member.
“We’d like to appoint someone who can act as a liaison to the community… basically be the equivalent of an Eleanor Holmes Norton on ANC 3F,” chair and 3F07 Commissioner Pat Jakopchek told Forest Hills Connection.
ANC 3F04 is a long and narrow single member district on the east side of Connecticut. It includes Park Van Ness, Soapstone Valley and Forest Hills Playground.
If you live in 3F04 and are interested, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If more than one person steps up, Jakopchek says, “We’ll probably end up drawing a name out of a hat.”
Another agenda item of note: The DC Public Library would like to temporarily house its Washingtoniana reference collection in the space recently vacated by the Cleveland Park interim library.
But wait – there’s more! Here’s the full agenda:
June 19th, 2018, 7:30 pm
University of the District of Columbia (Bldg 44, Rm A03)
1. Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Regular Agenda (5 min)
2. Metropolitan Police Department Update (15 min)
3. Special Announcement: ANC 3F04 Vacancy (5 min)
4. Regular Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
5. Committee Reports (10 min)
6. Community Open Forum (20 min)
7. Presentation from the Office of the State Superintendent of Education on Mayor’s Child Care Initiative and New Center at UDC (10 min)
8. DC Public Library Discussion on Move of the Washingtoniana Collection to 4340 Connecticut Ave (10 min)
9. Washington Gas Updates on ANC 3F Projects (15 min)
10. Presentation from Pepco-Exelon ANC 3F on Current and Upcoming Projects in ANC 3F including Manhole Work near 3600 Van Ness (20 min)
11. WMATA Discussion of Potential Changes to L1/L2 routes; 4250 Connecticut Property Kiss & Ride (15 min)
12. 4250 Connecticut Redevelopment Project Update and Potential Letter of Support (10 min)
13. Van Ness Main Street Public Art Proposal and Grant Request Discussion and Potential Approval of Funds (15 min)
14. May Minutes Adoption (5 min)
15. Other Business (10 min)