It’s been 12 years since DDOT last studied traffic on Connecticut Avenue. ANC 3F will be asking DDOT to collect and analyze new data.
ANC 3F’s Streets and Sidewalks Committee is working up a draft resolution that will be available at anc3f.com/issues in a few days. 3F Chair Pat Jakopchek tells Forest Hills Connection the resolution will specifically request a study, not outline changes or improvements that need to be made.
“The idea would be to understand how Connecticut’s traffic patterns have changed since we last got data 12 years ago, and also how changes to things like the reversible lanes, bike lanes, etc. that we get asked about somewhat regularly would affect the street and its traffic flow,” Jakopchek says. Another focus would be on working with advisory neighborhood commissions to the north and south for a comprehensive approach to the avenue.
The Connecticut Avenue Traffic Study is on the agenda of ANC 3F’s March 20th meeting, to be held at 7:30 p.m. at the University of the District of Columbia, Building 44, Room A03 (map). You can also watch online, live or anytime, via our livestream link.
DC Water is also sending a representative to discuss the Clean Rivers Impervious Area Charge, or CRIAC. The fee covers the cost of the Clean Rivers Project, a $2.7 billion capital project mandated by the federal government.
And Bernstein Management will discuss plans to renovate 4250 Connecticut Avenue once Fannie Mae moves out in November. Bernstein is already seeking ground floor retail tenants with the aid of the Van Ness retail study released this week.
Here’s the draft agenda:
March 20, 2018, 7:30 pm
University of the District of Columbia (Bldg 44, Rm A03)
- Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Regular Agenda (5 min)
- MPD Update (10 min)
- Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
- Committee Reports (10 min)
- Community Open Forum (20 min)
- DC Water Discussion Related to CRIAC (10 min)
- Connecticut Avenue Traffic Study Resolution (10 min)
- Comprehensive Plan Discussion and Resolution (15 min)
- 4250 Connecticut Presentation (15 min)
- 3416 Garrison Zoning Exception (10 min)
- Gas-Fueled Leaf Blower Legislation Discussion (15 min)
- February Minutes Adoption (5 min)
- Other Business (10 min)