After DC Water’s March 9th public meeting on the Soapstone Valley sewer rehabilitation project, ANC 3F commissioners still have concerns about the relining process, the noise from water pumps, and the construction and maintenance of the sewage bypass system. At their meeting on Tuesday, March 21st, ANC 3F will be discussing a resolution on those issues.
Another stream safety resolution to be discussed (but not voted on) involves dangerously high levels of E. coli in Rock Creek and its tributaries. The proposed resolution will urge the National Park Service to place signs warning hikers and dog walkers to steer clear of the water.
According to the draft agenda below, ANC 3F commissioners will be voting on requests for new sidewalk cafes at 4483 Connecticut Avenue (Shemali’s) and 5010 Connecticut (Rosemary Bistro Cafe).
The meeting, on Zoom, will begin at 7 p.m.
ANC 3F – Regular Meeting Agenda
March 21, 2023; 7:00 pm to 10:05 pm
ANC 3F is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting at bit.ly/anc3fmeet
Call to Order (7:01pm)
Roll Call (7:02 pm)
I. Adoption of the March 21, 2023 ANC 3F meeting agenda (7:03pm)
II. Approval of ANC 3F meeting minutes for February 21, 2023 (7:04pm)
III. Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates and Announcements (7:05pm- 7:15pm)
IV. Regular Agenda – Committee Reports (7:16pm – 7:26pm)
- Streets & Sidewalks
- Parks & Watersheds
- Schools & Universities
- Housing & Neighborhoods
V. Regular Agenda – Community Forum (community leaders and agencies give brief updates)
(7:27 – 7:37pm)
VI. Regular Agenda – Information Items (ANC 3F will not take a vote on these items) (7:39pm –
- ANC 3F Public Safety Update from Second District, Metropolitan Police Department (MPD), Captain Ronald Bridges (7:39pm – 8:00pm)
- DC Water Update (8:01pm-8:21pm)
- Resolution Regarding DC Water’s Main and Trunk Sewer Lines Relining Project in Soapstone Valley: Issues of CIPP Curing Method, Need for Shut Down Provision, Insulating Cover for Sump Pump near Albemarle Ave Trailhead, and Construction and Maintenance of By-pass System. (8:22pm – 8:42pm)
- Resolution Encouraging the National Park Service to Install E.coli and other hazardous dissolved materials warning signs at Rock Creek Park Trailheads for Trails with Creek Crossings, Warning hikers and trail users to refrain from contact with creek waters due to the high levels of E. coli and other potentially hazardous dissolved materials. (8:43pm – 8:53pm)
- Grant Application to fund E.coli and other hazardous dissolved materials warning notices throughout Rock Creek Park. (8:54pm -9:04pm)
- Grant Application for Friends of Pierce Mill on The Mid-Atlantic Grain Fair and Conference (9:05pm – 9:10pm)
VII. Regular Agenda – (ANC 3F will vote on these items) (9:12pm – 10:04pm)
- BZA Case Number #20887. Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Parking Structure Replacement Project. Relief: Special Exemption – Foreign Mission. To construct a 3-story accessory parking garage to an existing, detached chancery building in the R-8 zone. 4200 Linnean Ave. NW; Square 2049, Lot 808 (9:12pm – 9:22pm)
- 4652-4656 Broad Branch Rd. application for sidewalk, driveways, curb and gutters paving, and an ADA curb ramp (9:23pm – 9:33pm)
- BZA Case Number #20830 – Relief for 10 foot set-back for an addition at 5211 Chevy Chase Parkway, NW (9:34pm – 9:44pm)
- New Sidewalk Cafes at 5010 Connecticut Ave. NW and 4483 Connecticut Ave. NW (9:45pm – 9:55pm)
- Resolution Supporting Lights-Out Hour, DC’s Earth Hour Event (9:56pm -10:05pm)
VIII. Adjournment (10:05pm)
Thank you for joining us this evening. The next ANC 3F meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2023.