What is Initiative 77? It’s something every DC voter, regardless of party affiliation, will see on their ballots in the June 19th primary election. A “yes” vote is in favor of raising the minimum wage for wait staff, bartenders and other restaurant workers who earn tips. The base wage in the District is $3.33 per hour. The initiative would gradually raise that wage until it matches DC’s minimum wage for all workers. By then, it could be $15 per hour or more (DC’s minimum wage goes from $12.50 to $15 per hour in 2020).
Washingtonian has a good explanation of who’s for Initiative 77, who’s against, and how this would affect restaurant customers. And ANC 3F will be discussing the initiative at its May meeting.
Also on the May 15th agenda: ABRA settlement agreements involving internet wine merchants applying to use the Domaine space at 4221 Connecticut to store their goods, or renewing their licenses to do so. Domaine is a self-storage facility for wine and spirits located in a former Rolls Royce dealership.
And Van Ness Main Street will be presenting on its grant request for a public art installation.
From ANC 3F, here’s the agenda and more information on attending the meeting:
ANC 3F will hold its next public meeting on May 15, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. at the University of the District of Columbia, Building 44, Room A03 (map).
The meeting agenda is below. You can also watch online, live or anytime, via our livestream link.
- Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Regular Agenda (5 min)
- Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
- Committee Reports (10 min)
- Community Open Forum (20 min)
- Presentation from Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration (15 min)
- Settlement Agreements – 4221 Connecticut Avenue, NW (15 min)
- R Squared Selections
- First Vine
- Cellar Trading
- A-Team Importers
- Van Ness Main Street Public Art Proposal and Grant Request Discussion (15 min)
- Citizens Climate Lobby Presentation on Carbon Pollution Fee (10 min)
- Ballot Initiative #77 Discussion (25 min)
- April Minutes Adoption (5 min)
- Other Business (10 min)