Do you have burning questions for DC’s fire and EMS chief? Or a vision for the Van Ness commercial area? The next ANC 3F meeting, this Tuesday, February 19th, is a don’t-miss.
The draft agenda below includes a presentation and q&a session with DCFEMS Chief Kenneth Ellerbe. Our ANC will also form two new committees and invite community participation, one on the Van Ness area, the other on education.
The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. at The Methodist Home, 4901 Connecticut Avenue, NW.
1. Approval of Minutes from January 2013 Meeting
2. Letter in support of a DPR permit to Beauvoir School to use the Hearst Lower ball field on June 3, 2013 from 8AM-4:30 PM.
3. Letter in support of a DPR permit to Capital Memorial Church for use of the Forest Hills ball field on Chesapeake St. NW and 32nd St NW for a block party on June 30, 2013 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
4. Letter in support of a DPR permit to Capital Memorial Church for use of the Forest Hills ball field on Chesapeake St. NW and 32nd St NW for an outdoor movie night on September 7, 2013 from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
5. Approval of 12 month renewal for an advertisement in the Forest Hills Connection at a cost of $1920.00
Commissioner and Community Announcements
– Update on WAMU Renovations
Presentation and Q&A by DC Fire and Emergency Services Chief Ellerbe
Discussion regarding the filing of a formal complaint with the DC Office of Zoning with respect to UDC’s lack of compliance with the 2011 Campus Plan order.
Formation of the Van Ness Vision Committee to look into ways to improve the Van Ness commercial areas
Formation of an Education Committee to discuss ways to improve education.
Discussion of a letter to DCRA to request that they send reminders to apartment buildings in DC about their obligations to turn on cooling on May 15 or when temperatures call for it (as well as prior to October 15 for heating).
Discussion of a letter to DCRA to request that in its review of mobile vending licensing, DCRA include provisions for non-food mobile vending.
Resolution in support of the passage of the “LONG-TIME HOMEOWNER INCENTIVE AND ECONOMIC DIVERSITY ACT OF 2013.”