ANC 3F’s November 15th meeting, a week after Election Day, is the second to last under the current map and with the current seven commissioners. Come January, ANC 3F will have six seats, and Hearst Park and pool will be within ANC 3C’s borders. That said, the Hearst pool project has been jointly overseen by members of both commissions, and both ANC 3C and 3F are considering resolutions in the coming week, urging the DC Office of the Inspector General to investigate allegations of contractor waste and negligence.
Other agenda items of note:
- Officials from the Office of the Attorney General will discuss OAG’s record housing discrimination settlement with DC landlord DARO. DARO properties include Connecticut House and Sedgwick Gardens.
- MPD Second District Command Duncan Bedlion is to provide a DC-wide public safety update.
- And with the Days Inn property at 4400 Connecticut being offered up for sale as a redevelopment opportunity, ANC 3F will vote on a resolution supportive of affordable housing uses. “The thought on this resolution is to provide broad guidance on what ANC 3F would like to see from future developers,” ANC 3F chair Claudette David told Forest Hills Connection.
Read on for the full draft agenda and the Zoom link.
ANC 3F – Regular Meeting Agenda
November 15, 2022; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
ANC 3F is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting at https://bit.ly/anc3fmeet
Call to Order (7:01pm)
Roll Call (7:02 pm)
I. Adoption of the November 15, 2022 ANC 3F meeting agenda (7:03pm)
II. Approval of ANC 3F meeting minutes for October 18, 2022 (7:04pm)
III. Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates (7:05 – 7:15)
IV. Approval of FY2022 Q4 Financial Report (7:16pm)
V. Approval of UPS box office payment through January 2024 (7:17pm)
VI. Regular Agenda – Committee Reports (7:18pm – 7:28pm)
- Streets & Sidewalks
- Parks & Watersheds
- Schools & Universities
- Housing & Neighborhoods
VII. Regular Agenda – Community Forum (community leaders and agencies give brief updates)
(7:29 – 7:39pm)
VIII. Regular Agenda – Information Items (ANC 3F will not take a vote on these items) (7:40pm
- City-wide Public Safety Update from Duncan Bedlion, Commander, Second District, Metropolitan Police Department (MPD), (7:40pm – 8:00pm)
- DARO Housing Update from Tony Towns, Assistant Attorney General, Civil Rights Section, Public Advocacy Division; and Alicia Lendon, Chief of the Civil Rights Section, Public Advocacy Division (8:01pm – 8:21pm)
- DC Water Soapstone Project Update (8:22pm – 8:42pm)
- UDC Tennis Court Lights Resolution (8:43pm – 8:53pm)
- ANC 3F Redevelopment Resolution (8:54pm – 9:00pm)
- Hearst Park OIG Resolution (9:01 – 9:11pm)
IX. Adjournment (9:12pm)
Thank you for joining us this evening.
The next ANC 3F meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 13, 2022.