On October 5th, the neighborhood was shaken and saddened to learn a recent Virginia Tech grad had been fatally shot at the Shell station at Connecticut and Fessenden. Later that day, reports said police were investigating this and an earlier attack on an Uber driver in Tenleytown, and trying to determine if the two incidents were connected.
MPD 2D Commander Duncan Bedlion will be at the October 20th ANC 3F meeting to provide an update. The meeting, on Zoom, will begin at 7:30 p.m. The full draft agenda and Zoom link are below.
Another item of note: UDC and the Van Ness Campus Master Plan for 2021-2030. So far we’ve heard of some ideas for changes to campus facilities, including housing in the current Building 44. At ANC 3F’s September meeting, UDC also floated changes to the Veazey Terrace and Windom Place entrances to the campus. What we haven’t seen yet is a draft of the actual plan. UDC is expected to release it soon.
Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 7:30 PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Connect via Zoom or call in at 301-715-8592.
Meeting ID: 944 1524 2622
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Approval of Agenda (5 Mins)
2. Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes
3. Commissioner Updates and Announcements (10 mins)
4. Committee Reports (Parks and Trails, Streets and Sidewalks, Housing and Neighborhoods,
Grants) (15 mins)
5. Community Forum (20 mins)
6. Update from MPD on Recent Violent Crime – Commander Bedlion (20 mins)
7. UDC Van Ness Campus Master Plan – (30 mins)
8. 2717 Chesapeake St. Curb Cut – (15 mins)
9. Upton & Tilden Neighbors Concerns about Howard University Law School Comp Plan Changes – (15 mins)
10. Resolution on Renaming Melvin Hazen Trail – (10 mins)
11. ANC 3F FY2021 Budget (10 mins)
12. Other Business (10 mins)