Upton Street east of Connecticut Avenue is already a busy place because of the schools (Burke, Levine, Howard Law) and the embassy on the street. Three young neighbors report traffic has gotten worse since the current phase of the Beach Drive reconstruction project began. And they’re doing something about it.
Concerned for the safety of neighborhood kids and pets, siblings Pilar, Sloane and Apollo Holder collected signatures on a petition calling for traffic calming measures and presented it to ANC 3F at its September meeting.
The Holder kids begin their presentation at 51:00.
“Speaking on behalf of the commission, you have permission to go get some ice cream,” said Commissioner David Dickinson as the three kids wrapped up their presentation.
What the Holder kids are getting at the October 17th meeting of ANC 3F is a resolution asking DDOT for a study and implementation of best method of traffic calming for this part of Upton Street. That’s on the agenda (below) along with a special appearance by Mayor Muriel Bowser, who will share updates about progress across our city and take questions from commissioners and audience.
Also on the agenda: Representatives of 3101 Albemarle’s developer will have an update on the community benefits they’re proposing in their PUD application. And the People for Fairness Coalition is requesting ANC 3F’s support for the Public Restroom Facility Installation and Promotion Act of 2017, introduced by DC Council Member Brianne Nadeau in May.
The full meeting details and agenda from ANC 3F:
You can also watch online, live or anytime, via our livestream link.
October 17, 2017, 7:30 pm
University of the District of Columbia (Bldg 44, Rm A03)
- Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Consent and Regular Agendas (5 min)
- 2900 Upton St Traffic Calming Resolution
- Grant Request – Northwest Neighbors Village
- ANC 3F September 2017 Meeting Minutes
- Remarks by Mayor Muriel Bowser (15 min)
- Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
- Committee Reports (10 min)
- Police Report (10 min)
- Community Open Forum (20 min)
- Update on 3101 Albemarle St Public Use Development (15 min)
- 5148 Linnean Terrace Zoning Exception Discussion and Resolution (15 min)
- Downtown DC Public Restroom Initiative Discussion and Resolution (10 min)
- Other Business (15 min)