The next few days bring two opportunities to meet ANC 3F commissioners and bring up questions and concerns of local interest.
The commissioners will be at the UDC Van Ness farmers market outside the student center on Saturday, October 16th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
And their formal monthly meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 19th, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom.
The full agenda is below. At the September meeting, the commissioners heard from residents who live at the intersections of Van Ness Street and 37th and 38th Streets who have documented several instances of aggressive drivers speeding and running stop signs. Their presentation begins at 36:45:
ANC 3F is set to vote on a resolution in support of their calls for traffic calming measures and enforcement.
The ANC is also considering a liquor license application from The Italian Bar, a new business from the people behind I’m Eddie Cano. Eater DC recently reported that the bar in this case is to be more Roman-style gathering place than tavern, and will serve coffee, gelato and light pastries as well as beer, wine and spiked espressos. The location: 5008 Connecticut Avenue, two doors down from I’m Eddie Cano.
Public Meeting Agenda
October 19, 2021, 7:00 PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Meeting ID: 867 3636 0335
Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) Passcode: 701553
Welcome/Call to Order/Roll Call
Approval of Regular Agenda & Consent Agenda
1. July 20, 2021 Meeting Minutes
2. September 21, 2021 Meeting Minutes
3. 4th Quarterly Report – July 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021
Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates and Treasurer’s Report
Regular Agenda – Action Items
1. Van Ness Street traffic calming – ANC 3F Resolution. This Resolution is considered on behalf of residents living along or near Van Ness Street between Wisconsin Avenue and Reno Road for DDOT and MPD to implement several community recommended safety measures (5 min).
2. Application for Construction Permit – Curb Cut – 3007 Albemarle Street – This is a request to consider the Owner’s Application to DDOT for a Construction Permit to install a curb cut (15 min).
3. ANC 3F FY 22 Budget – ANC 3F will be approving its FY 22 Budget. (10 minutes).
4. The Italian Bar – 5008 Connecticut Ave – New Liquor License (ABRA). This is consideration of a request for a liquor license (5 minutes).
Regular Agenda – Information Items (ANC 3F will not take a vote on these items).
1. Resolution in support of renaming Woodrow Wilson to August Wilson HS.
Regular Agenda – Committee Reports
1. Streets & Sidewalks
2. Parks & Watersheds
3. Schools & Universities
4. Housing & Neighborhoods
Regular Agenda – Community Forum – opportunity for residents to ask questions of the ANC and raise matters of concerns.
Adjournment – Thank you for joining us this evening. The next ANC 3F meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 16th.