When ANC 3F meets next Tuesday evening, David Cristeal will be the commissioner gaveling the meeting to order. The ANC 3F01 commissioner was voted in as chair for this term at the January meeting (and we thank Monika Nemeth for her two years of service as the ANC chair).
It won’t be the ANC’s only meeting this month. On February 24th, at 7 p.m., ANC 3F is hosting a special meeting on the Connecticut Avenue reversible lane study. Representatives from DDOT will discuss the options under consideration. Here’s the Zoom link and additional information.
The Burger King parking lot is again on the agenda of the February 16th meeting. In 2018, franchise owner Potomac Foods requested and received an unusually long zoning exception for the continued use of the parking behind the building and past the drive thru. (The accessory parking lot is zoned for residential use.) In March that year, with ANC 3F’s support, the Board of Zoning Adjustment approved the request for a nine-year exception, and one of the conditions was that the franchisee repave the parking lot with permeable paving by March 2021.
At the November ANC meeting, representatives for Potomac Foods said engineering studies determined that permeable paving isn’t feasible. They are presenting the BZA with alternative stormwater management measures, and are seeking the ANC’s support as they petition the BZA to waive the repaving condition.
Also on the agenda: Ward 3 Mutual Aid is proposing to develop a food pantry on the UDC campus and is seeking ANC 3F’s support.
Here’s the draft agenda with the Zoom login information. And please note that ANC 3F now begins its meetings at 7 p.m.
Public Meeting Agenda
February 16, 2021, 7:00 PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom:
On the phone: 301-715-8592
Meeting ID: 937 1042 0949
1. Call to Order/Roll Call/Approval of Agenda
2. January 19, 2021 Meeting Minutes
3. FY 21 – First Quarter Report
4. 3564 Alton Place – Curb Cut
5. Commissioner Updates and Announcements
6. Treasurer’s Report
7. “Schools & Universities” Committee Proposal
8. Ward 3 Mutual Aid – Food Pantry Proposal to be located at UDC
9. Burger King
10. Committee Reports (Parks and Watershed, Streets and Sidewalks, Housing and
11. ANC 3F Special Meeting – Connecticut Avenue Reversible Lane Study
12. Mayor’s FY 22 Budget – Schedule and Call for Feedback
13. 4740 Connecticut Avenue/Essex House
14. Community Forum
14. Other Business