(Updated with new Community-Campus Task Force meeting date and time; and new Campus Plan meeting time.)
UDC is seeking its neighbors’ feedback ahead of upcoming meetings with – and for – the community.
(NEW) The UDC Community-Campus Task Force meeting is now scheduled for March 18th at 6:30 p.m. The campus plan community engagement meeting will immediately follow at 7:15 p.m. Both meetings will be held in the Windows Lounge on the second floor in Building 38.
Previous task force agendas have included discussions of parking issues, on- and off-campus housing, student enrollment, and the trailers used as swing space first for Murch Elementary and now for Eaton Elementary.
This task force was established by the 2011 Zoning Order (11-02/11-02A) that approved the 2011-2020 Campus Plan. This is not part of the public engagement effort for the 2021-2030 Campus Plan.
This order lays out how this group shall function:
- The Task Force shall include representatives of the University officials, ANC 3F, residents of the surrounding Van Ness and North Cleveland Park neighborhoods (including residents of both the single-family neighborhoods and high-rise buildings near campus):
- Task Force shall meet quarterly in order to encourage dialogue regarding campus planning, student conduct, traffic and parking, construction activity, and similar issues;
- UDC shall provide at least two weeks notice of meetings which are open to the public. Notice of such meetings shall be provided local publications and to authorized representatives of neighborhood community associations, tenant associations, or other building associations.
- Notice shall identify the preliminary agenda for each meeting, though this preliminary agenda shall not preclude the discussion of additional issues or concerns;
- The University shall keep minutes of all Task Force Meetings as well as a log of all attendees; and
- Within one month of each Task Force meeting, the University shall circulate the minutes of the meeting to ANC 3F, authorized representatives of neighborhood or building associations, and any other participant requesting the minutes at the meeting. The University shall also post the minutes on its website.