If news that Van Ness is included in the Office of Planning’s “creative placemaking” efforts piqued your interest, you won’t want to miss OP’s presentation at the Tuesday, July 19th ANC 3F meeting. Van Ness is one of 15 sites across DC getting a grant for a temporary art installation under the “Crossing the Street” initiative.
The agenda also includes rent control issues in our ANC and public space permits for the Murch School swing space at UDC.
The entire draft agenda is below. The meeting, held at Forest Hills of DC (4901 Connecticut Avenue), begins at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will also be streamed live and archived for playback at anc3f.com.
1. Approval of Agenda and Minutes
2. Treasurer’s Report
3. Commissioner Announcements
4. Committee Reports
5. Open Forum
6. Consideration of a letter in support of a settlement agreement exception for Politics & Prose (5015 Connecticut)
7. Consideration of a Grant Application for Iona Senior Services
8. Presentation on the Office of Planning “Crossing the Street” Initiative
9. Presentation on rent control issues in ANC 3F
10. Resolution in support of a public space application for Sfoglina Restaurant (4455 Connecticut)
11. Resolution in support of a public space application for Murch Elementary Swing Space at UDC (International Drive and Van Ness)
12. Resolution in support of repair and resurfacing of Linnean Avenue
13. Other Business