ANC 3F spent some time at its March 16th going over a draft resolution on DDOT’s study of Connecticut Avenue and the potential impacts of removing the reversible rush-hour lanes and adding bike lanes. The commissioners are to vote on the resolution at their next meeting, on Tuesday, April 20th.
The resolution states support for the concept that includes bike lanes. It also calls for the permanent removal of the reversible lanes, and that DDOT implement other recommended safety improvements as soon as possible.
First, though, the commissioners will consider grant requests from Rock Creek Conservancy and Van Ness Main Street. Rock Creek Conservancy is seeking funds for its ongoing efforts to remove invasive plants from the segment of Melvin Hazen Park west of Connecticut Avenue. And Van Ness Main Street is requesting money for public art on Connecticut Avenue. (Forest Hills Connection is a program of Van Ness Main Street).
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. Here’s the agenda and the Zoom link:
Public Meeting Agenda
April 20, 2021, 7:00 PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Meeting ID: 937 1042 0949
Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) Passcode: 434258
Call to Order/Roll Call/Approval of Agenda
1. March 16, 2021 Meeting Minutes
2. Q2FY21 Financial Report (January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021)
Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates and Treasurer’s Report
Regular Agenda – Action Items
1. Consideration of a $3,000 grant request from the Rock Creek Conservancy (RCC) for removal of invasive species in the Melvin Hazen park west of Connecticut Ave. The ANC 3F grant would help cover costs and leverage other funding and volunteer sources.
2. Consideration of a $23,500 grant request from the Van Ness Main Street (VNMS) for public art along Connecticut Avenue. The ANC 3F grant would help cover costs and leverage other funding sources.
3. Consideration and discussion on the draft resolution – DDOT Connecticut Avenue NW Reversible Lane Operations and Safety Study – prepared by the Streets & Sidewalks Committee.
Regular Agenda – Information Items/Announcements
1. Committee Reports (Parks and Watershed, Streets and Sidewalks, Housing and Neighborhoods, Grants)
2. District of Columbia – Department of Transportation (DDOT) Ward 3 Representative presentation
Regular Agenda – Community Forum