UDC is an anchor of Van Ness and commands a large and expanding presence here. In addition to its main Van Ness campus and the law school at 4340 Connecticut Avenue, the university holds the master leases at 4250 and 4225 Connecticut.
UDC’s three-year lease of 4250 Connecticut gives the university the option to purchase the property. ANC 3F will be discussing and voting on a resolution on the plans at its February 18th meeting (7:30 to 9:30 p.m.). The full agenda is below.
Just before ANC 3F meets in the UDC Windows Lounge, UDC will be hosting its 2020 Campus Plan community kickoff meeting (4:30 to 6:30 p.m.) in the same location. UDC is planning for its next ten years of development and growth, and the meeting should give the community some sense of UDC’s plans for the Van Ness commercial corridor.
Here’s the ANC 3F agenda:
February 18, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
University of the District of Columbia
Building 38, Windows Lounge (directions)
Washington, DC 20008
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Approval of Agenda (5 Mins)
- Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes
- Commissioner Updates and Announcements (10 mins)
- Committee Reports (Parks and Trails, Streets and Sidewalks, Housing, Grants) (10 mins)
- Community Forum (20 mins)
- 2928 Ellicott Street – New BZA Application (10 mins)
- UDC – Resolution on Purchase of 4250 Connecticut Ave. (5 mins)
- DC Archives – Resolution on Permanent Facility (5 mins)
- Other Business (5 mins)