The agenda (below) for ANC 3F’s February 20th meeting is packed with community issues past, present and future.
DC Water and DCRA will have representatives there to talk about current initiatives and policies. The ANC will discuss potential impacts of the upcoming development at 3900 Wisconsin, which will be transformed from Fannie Mae’s headquarters to a mix of housing, offices and retail.
And commissioners are revisiting some pedestrian safety studies and green infrastructure plans for Connecticut Avenue. DDOT began engaging the community in its study of the avenue’s unsignalized crosswalks almost four years ago. The work resulted in a pedestrian-activated traffic signal at Connecticut and Ellicott Street.
This meeting, says ANC 3F Chair Pat Jakopchek, will provide an update on DDOT’s efforts. “We’ll also consider a resolution related to the crosswalk and bus shelter at Cumberland that is necessary to advance the current work being done,” Jakopchek told the Connection.
Finally, the commissioners will discuss a potential resolution asking the relevant DC agencies to act on 2011, 2015 and 2016 Office of Planning studies and proposals for a green infrastructure project along Connecticut between Van Ness and Albemarle Streets, with the goal of improving the streetscape for pedestrians as well as control and reduce stormwater runoff into the Soapstone Valley. Some elements of the plans will look familiar to those following the Cleveland Park streetscape improvement planning.
Here’s the meeting announcement:
ANC 3F will hold its next public meeting on February 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm at the University of the District of Columbia, Building 44, Room A03 (map). The meeting agenda is below You can also watch online, live or anytime, via our livestream link.
Commissioner – 3F07
Chair – ANC3F
February 20, 2018, 7:30 pm
University of the District of Columbia (Bldg 44, Rm A03)
- Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Regular Agenda (5 min)
- Supplemental Resolution to BZA Order No. 19628 (Burger King Accessory Lot Variance)
- Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
- Committee Reports (10 min)
- Community Open Forum (20 min)
- DC Water Guest Speaker on Rate/Meter Issues and “Clean Rivers Impervious Area Charge” (15 min)
- DDOT Update on Uncontrolled Crosswalks and Resolution Related to Cumberland Street NW Bus Shelter and Crosswalk (15 min)
- DCRA Guest Speaker on Zoning, Inspection and Permit Processes (20 min)
- Connecticut Avenue LID Project Discussion and Resolution (20 min)
- Discussion and Letter Related to Traffic at 3900 Wisconsin Avenue, and Relationship with Sidwell and 4000 Wisconsin Avenue (15 min)
- Update on Rent “Concessions” Issue (10 min)
- Approval of Minutes from November, December, January and February 5th Meetings (5 min)
- Other Business (10 min)