ANC 3F, the advisory neighborhood commission for Van Ness, Forest Hills and Wakefield, returns for its first meeting of the new year at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 18th.
The full agenda for the virtual meeting is below. The commissioners will vote on a resolution noting community concerns about the Soapstone sewer rehabilitation project’s “potential impact on the environment and peoples’ health and wants assurances on these concerns before construction commences….” ANC Commissioner Stan Wall led a public meeting with DC Water on December 7th, where community members raised concerns about lack of recent communication about the project, and about air pollution from the chosen method of relining the century-old sewer pipes.
The ANC will also introduce a draft resolution, to vote on at their February meeting, calling for “a full range of safety improvements to make Connecticut Avenue safer for all forms of travel.” This follows both Mayor Muriel Bowser and DDOT’s decision to proceed with plans to remove the Connecticut Avenue reversible lanes and install bike lanes. It’s also a follow-up to their resolution last April in support of those changes. That resolution also called for the immediate funding and implementation of traffic safety and calming measures on Connecticut Avenue and adjacent streets, where complaints about aggressive cut-through drivers predate the pandemic.
ANC 3F – Regular Meeting Agenda
January 18, 2022; 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 821 1441 4095
Welcome, Call to Order and Roll Call
Approval of the January 18, 2022, Meeting Agenda (includes Consent Items listed below).
1. November 16, 2021, Meeting Minutes
2. Quarterly Report – 4th (7/1/21-9/30/21) & 1st (10/01/21-12/31/21)
3. ANC 3F 2022 participation in Security Fund ($25.00)
4. ANC 3F 2022 Committee Chairs & Members
5. Updated Housing & Neighborhoods Committee mission statement
6. Approve ANC 3F monthly meeting schedule (Feb 2022 – Dec 2022)
Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates and Treasurer’s Report
Regular Agenda – Action Items
1. Election of 2022 ANC 3F Officers. Each year at its January monthly meeting, ANC 3F elects a Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary.
2. Resolution regarding Soapstone Valley Sewer Rehabilitation Project (DC Water and other agencies). This is a resolution requesting that DC Water: 1. Suspend the permitting process, 2. Evaluate the UV CIPP process, 3. Commit to implement environmental and human health and safety protections, 4. Engage DOEE to obtain necessary permits. ANC 3F is concerned about the project’s potential impact on the environment and peoples’ health and wants assurances on these concerns before construction commences in 2022 (30 minutes).
Regular Agenda – Information Items (ANC 3F will not take a vote on these items).
1. Resolution in support of accelerated and additional traffic calming measures for Connecticut Avenue. This is a resolution requesting DDOT to implement, as soon as possible, a full range of safety improvements to make Connecticut Avenue safer for all forms of travel (a follow up to the Connecticut Avenue Reversible Lane & Safety Study). (10 minutes).
2. Resolution in support of Senior Wellness Center in Ward 3. This is a resolution supporting the creation of a wellness center that would provide a range of healthcare services and resources to senior residents of Ward 3. Other Ward 3 ANCs are considering a similar ANC 3F 3 resolution (10 minutes).
Regular Agenda – Committee Reports
1. Streets & Sidewalks
2. Parks & Watersheds
3. Schools & Universities
4. Housing & Neighborhoods
Regular Agenda – Community Forum – opportunity for residents to ask questions of the ANC and raise matters of concern.
Adjournment – Thank you for joining us this evening. The next ANC 3F meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 15th, 2022.
Thank you for participating in ANC 3F this past year.