The advisory neighborhood commission for Van Ness, North Cleveland Park, Wakefield and Forest Hills did not meet in August, but ANC 3F wasn’t exactly idle. Their unpaid neighborhood advocacy work never stops. And, the commissioners spent one Saturday last month at the UDC Van Ness farmers market for what’s become rare in-person time with constituents.
— James Tandaric (@JamesTandaric) August 7, 2021
James Tandaric, second from the left in the photo above, is ANC 3F’s newest commissioner, serving single member district 3F07.
ANC 3F resumes formal monthly meetings on Tuesday, September 21st at 7 p.m., and the commissioners are back on Zoom. The agenda below includes a draft resolution calling for traffic calming measures along Van Ness Street between Connecticut Avenue and Reno Road.
Public Meeting Agenda
September 21, 2021, 7:00 PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom (link)
Meeting ID: 873 9700 6326
Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) Passcode: 921253
Welcome/Call to Order/Roll Call
Approval of Regular Agenda & Consent Agenda
1. July 20, 2021 Meeting Minutes
2. 3rd Quarterly Report – April 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021
Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates and Treasurer’s Report
Regular Agenda – Action Items
1. Application for Construction Permit – Curb Cut – 3007 Albemarle Street – This is a request to consider the Owner’s Application to DDOT for a Construction Permit to install a curb cut (15 min).
2. Application for Construction Permit – Driveway Expansion – 3501 Springland Lane – This is a request to consider the Owner’s Application to DDOT for a Construction Permit to widen an existing driveway. The proposed site work includes expanding existing driveway between the property line and building restriction line (5 min).
3. ANC 3F Expenditure of $2,950 to employ the services of Mary Beth Ray for Commissioner
training through 12/31/21. This is a request for ANC 3F to spend $2,950 for focused training
on Commission and Commissioner team building and leadership training commencing in September and ending on 12/31/21.
Regular Agenda – Information Items (ANC 3F will not take a vote on these items).
1. Van Ness Street traffic calming – Draft ANC 3F Resolution. The Draft Resolution is on behalf of residents living along or near Van Ness Street between Wisconsin Avenue and Reno Road for
DDOT to implement several community recommended safety measures.
Regular Agenda – Committee Reports
1. Streets & Sidewalks
2. Parks & Watersheds
3. Schools & Universities
4. Housing & Neighborhoods
Regular Agenda – Community Forum – opportunity for residents to ask questions of the ANC and raise matters of concerns.
Adjournment – Thank you for joining us this evening. The next ANC 3F meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 19th.