The Van Ness and Tenleytown Main Streets are gearing up for two nights of Art All Night festivities.
Events on Friday, September 24th in Van Ness start as early as 5 p.m., end at 11 p.m., and include:
- A pop-up art gallery outside the UDC David A. Clark School of Law, with 19 artists and crafters showing and selling their wares.
- Performers from Levine Music at the UDC Theater of the Arts plaza on Windom Place.
- Kids’ comic book reading and drawing workshop outside Politics and Prose.
- Live music outside of Rosemary Bistro and Cafe, Muchas Gracias and Acacia Food and Wine.
And here’s a sampling of Art All Night on Saturday, September 25th, 7 p.m. to midnight in Tenleytown:
- Indie-pop, classic rock, R&B, and Go-Go bands perform at the St. Ann’s gymnasium.
- Short films from the 48-hour Film Project screened at City Bikes.
- Flamenco and samba performances at Guapo’s.
- An art and makers market with live music at 4748 Wisconsin Avenue.
On each night, the Main Streets encourage us to make their welcome centers one of our stops. They will be distributing maps of the venues, and at the Tenleytown Art All Night welcome center, wristbands for beer and cocktail tastings.
Wondering how to cover the distance between some of the venues? The Tenleytown Art All Night will have a shuttle bus stopping. Stay tuned for an update on Van Ness transportation options.
Masks are required at all indoor venues, and some may have additional Covid-19 safety measures such as capacity limits.
Forest Hills Connection is a program of Van Ness Main Street.