By the time this photo was taken in 1908, the farmland in what is now Forest Hills, Cleveland Park, Woodley Park, etc. was being subdivided and developed alongside the streetcar route up Connecticut Avenue.
But some remnants of the former Washington County remained. If seen today, this cow would be stopping traffic on the Rock Creek Parkway.
This photo of the Taft Bridge across Rock Creek is from Willard R. Ross Postcard Collection at the DC Public Library.