A representative from the company that manages the Days Inn at 4400 Connecticut Avenue told the February 15th ANC 3F meeting that they had “thoroughly audited” safety protocols, and found no warning signs or unusual activity the night of the fatal shootings.
Jamie Howser, the regional director of operations at Coakley & Williams Hotel Management is scheduled to give another update at ANC 3F’s meeting on Tuesday, March 15th. The Zoom meeting starts at 7 p.m.
MPD announced they arrested a suspect in the January 27th shootings on February 19th. Ward 3 Council member Mary Cheh, in her March 2nd constituent email, said the Office of the Attorney General is investigating the Days Inn as a nuisance property, “which, if conclusive, will provide the Attorney General with the ability to pursue improvements to the site through litigation.”
The full ANC 3F agenda (below) includes a general public safety update from MPD Second District Lieutenant Stephen Amodeo.
And a DDOT representative will talk about a new traffic safety tracking tool: the Traffic Safety Investigation (TSI) Dashboard. This dashboard tracks 311 service requests once they’re submitted to DDOT for investigation. ANC 3F Commissioner Stan Wall in September announced that DDOT was studying pedestrian safety improvements where the Forest Hills Park path meets Brandywine Street. The dashboard’s “Pending Installation” tab shows that project is proceeding, with a work order for signage and markings initiated on February 1st, and installation set for this spring.
ANC 3F – Regular Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, March 15, 2022; 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Join on Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82114414095?pwd=cUxsdlJBazJLaUJUVGtXV1pzNkNmQT09
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,82114414095#,,,,*086642#
Meeting ID: 821 1441 4095
Welcome, Call to Order and Roll Call
Approval of the March 15, 2022 Meeting Agenda (includes Consent Items listed below).
I. Consent Items
a. February 15, 2022 Meeting Minutes
II. Regular Agenda – Commissioner Updates and Treasurer’s Report
III. Regular Agenda – Action Items
1. Permit – 5030 Linnean Avenue
IV. Regular Agenda – Information Items (ANC 3F will not take a vote on these items).
2. MPD Public Safety Update from Lieutenant Stephen Amodeo, Second District, Metropolitan Police Department.
3. Days Inn Update from Jamie Howser, Days Inn Regional Director of Operations.
4. District Department of Transportation presentation. This is an informational on the 311 process and the TSI Dashboard.
5. Office of Campaign Finance presentation. This is an informational on the agency’s Traditional and Public Financing Fair Elections Program.
6. Levine School BZA presentation. This is a special exception to be allowed to have outdoor concerts (not amplified, and the concerts will not be past 7pm), extended school hours on Saturday until 7p (rather than 4p) to accommodate an increased demand of students.
Regular Agenda – Committee Reports
A. Streets & Sidewalks
B. Parks & Watersheds
C. Schools & Universities
D. Housing & Neighborhoods
V. Regular Agenda – Community Forum – opportunity for residents to ask questions of the ANC
and raise matters of concerns.
VI. Adjournment – Thank you for joining us this evening. The next ANC 3F meeting will be held
on Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
Thank you for your participation!