The next meeting of ANC 3F is also Election Day for the voting residents of single member district 3F06. That’s the seat once held by Malachy Nugent, who has moved to India. Two candidates are running. Here’s more information on the special election.
Voting will begin when the meeting does, at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 21st. The location: UDC’s Building 44, Room A03 (map).
Also on the agenda: the redevelopment of the Rock Creek Nature Center, Horse Center and maintenance yard; and a zoning exception renewal for the Burger King parking lot. As we wrote in 2016, “The parking lot used by Zips, Burger King and Bread Furst, on the east side of the 4400 block of Connecticut Avenue, is zoned for residential use only, so the property owners must periodically apply to the DC Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) to renew their special exceptions.” Back then, Zips Dry Cleaners was seeking a permanent exception for its portion of the lot.
The full draft agenda is below.
November 21, 2017, 7:30 pm
University of the District of Columbia (Bldg 44, Rm A03)
1. Call to Order / Roll Call / Approval of Regular Agenda (5 min)
2. Opening of Voting for ANC 3F06 Special Election
3. Commissioner Updates and Announcements (20 min)
4. Committee Reports (10 min)
5. Update from Councilman White’s Office (10 min)
6. Community Open Forum (20 min)
7. DC Water Update (10 min) (Some of what they’ve been up to in the neighborhood)
8. 3629 Windom Place Zoning Adjustment Discussion and Resolution (15 min)
9. 4422 Connecticut (Burger King Parking Lot) Zoning Exception Renewal Discussion and Resolution (15 min)
10. Rock Creek Park Nature Center Redevelopment Discussion and Resolution (10 min)
11. Other Business (10 min)
12. ANC 3F06 Special Election Results Resolution (5 min)